East Durham Homes were awarded TPAS (Tenant Participation Advisory Service) accreditation in October 2009, and were the first housing provider in the North East to gain this accreditation, which recognises excellent resident involvement.
The TPAS accreditation shows that we had made significant improvements in how we are engaging with customers and has recognised the hard work put in by customers and staff.
Michelle Reid, Chief Executive of TPAS said: “I’m delighted to present our accreditation award to East Durham Homes. The award signifies the hard work and commitment shown by staff and tenants to working together. As a proud North Easterner myself, I’m particularly pleased to welcome East Durham Homes as the first organisation in the North East to join the growing family of TPAS accredited providers.”
The TPAS report highlighted a number of areas of good practice, including:
- The customer involvement strategy clearly links into the business strategy and corporate aims of the organisation.
- The customers established the ways in which they wanted to be involved. There is a good range of both formal and informal ways that can directly influence the direction of the organisation.
- Board meetings are held around the different areas so that tenants can access them more easily.
- The quarterly Insight newsletter includes a Board update section, customer involvement news, community news and has feedback from customers in a you said, we did feature.
- Equality and Diversity came out as a very strong area within the organisation, especially the use of the customer care kits.
Back to previous page.
, last modified: